Here at Mailbox Monday, we want to encourage participants to not only share the books they received, but to check out the books others have received.
To that end, we’ve decided to share “Books that Caught Our Eye” with you. Each week, Leslie, Serena and Vicki will each share 2 books that caught their eye from that week’s Mailbox Monday and share them here.
We encourage you to share the books that caught your eye in the comments.
Here are the books that caught our eye this week:
2. The Medea Complex by Rachel Florence Roberts from Fiction Books
I enjoy psychological thrillers and this one is based on the true story of a misunderstood woman suffering from insanity in an era when mental illnesses’ were all too often misdiagnosed and mistreated.
1. Girl of Shadows by Deborah Challinor – from Sam Still Reading because I like the idea of following these women after they committed a brutal crime and there is the added bonus of learning more about Australia as a penal colony.
2. Careless People: Murder, Mayhem, and the Invention of The Great Gatsby by Sarah Churchwell — from Unabridged Chick because I’ve recently read The Great Gatsby and seen the latest movie. I’m so intrigued by what inspires writers, and this “double narrative” investigating the roots of Fitzgerald’s greatest work sounds like it would be riveting.
1. Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler
I saw this book posted by Kristen @ BookNAround and quickly added it to my TBR list. I love reading books about friends, and the idea of these high school friends reconnecting years later is especially interesting. I want to find out how they have changed over the years. It will be interesting to see if the changes in them improves their friendship or dampens it. I also need to find out about this hold Beth has over them.
2. House Of Glass by Sophie Littlefield
Vera @ Luxury Reading posted this book about a family robbery that turned into a family held hostage. The idea of a mother and father having to fight for the lives of their children, and themselves, drew me in.